Uganda is one of the few countries in the world where the imaginary line divides the earth into two half passes. The Equator crosses into Uganda at a point situated 72km south of Kampala along the Kampala – Masaka road. “The equator”, simply said is the imaginary line that divides the earth in half, with the north on one side and the south on another. At the Uganda Equator, you observe this by a line drawn in the middle of the lane, with a monument on both sides that states “Uganda Equator” other than the fact that you can stand on both sides of the Equator there is also the opportunity to see an experiment of how water drains straight down at the Equator. But the water will drain clockwise in the northern hemisphere and counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere. This is something very exciting to see.
Wouldn’t it be an exploration to stand with one foot in the southern hemisphere and one foot in the northern hemisphere of the world?
Did You Know?
- We bet we did not know that at the Equator:
- It is 3800ft above sea level
- You are revolving at 2409 miles around the globe at speed of 1040mph at the globe axis
- It is 9640km[6025 miles] from 00 latitudes to the North pole and the same distance to the south Pole
- Your body weight is less by 3%
- You dine and sleep in both hemispheres at the same time
- The days and nights are each 12 hours
- Water drains clockwise north of 00Line, water drains anti-clockwise South of 00 lines, water drains straight at 00 lines.
- Water boils at less than 100c
- On 21st March and 23rd September, you are shadowless at noon
- An exciting canoeing experience on Lake Victoria with a local guide
- Suitable for families both Adults and children – a guided canoe trip on the swamps of Lake Victoria
- A chance to see other beautiful birds on the Rhino Sanctuary walking tour
- An exciting water experiment with the Local Guide
Day 1 Shoebill at Mabamba – Equator water experiment
6:30 AM Meet & Greet with BIC Tours Guide at Home/Hotel
6:30 Transfer to Mabamba swamp on the shores of Lake Victoria (about 1 hour)
08:00 AM Enjoy a canoe ride at Mabamba swamp in search for Shoebill Stock on Lake Victoria shoreline
10:30AM Transfer to the Equator point on Masaka – Mbarara Road
12:30 PM Enjoy an exciting Water Experiment at the Equator
01:00 PM Lunch at a selected restaurant en-route ( Included)
02:00 PM Transfer Back to Kampala
05:00 PM Drop off at Home/Hotel
Price Ranges: Prices Range from $80